This is a part-time position for a self-employed person to support the work of our local NHS campaigning organisation.
Closing date for applications is: Friday 12th March 2021.
Click on ‘Read More’ for further details.
HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM SAVE OUR NHS
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Part-Time Post for Self-Employed Person)
About Hammersmith & Fulham Save Our NHS
Hammersmith & Fulham Save Our NHS (HAFSON) is a campaigning organisation set up by residents in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, initially to campaign against the downgrading/closure of Hammersmith and Charing Cross Hospitals. Since Charing Cross Hospital has now been saved, HAFSON now campaigns against cuts and privatisation in local community, primary and secondary NHS services and works with other campaign groups in NW London and nationally to protect the NHS as a publicly funded and publicly provided health service free at the point of delivery.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Part-time, 3-5 hours per week – see below – the hours to be reviewed after 3 months with the possibility of increasing the number of hours). We hope to appoint for 12 months.
The primary function of the post is to ensure that administrative support, including for the website and emailing, for the work of Hammersmith &Fulham Save Our NHS is provided.
Pay: £15.50 per hour including any time spent in meetings, including with secretary.
Hours: Approximately 3-5 hours per week (12-20 hours per month) for 3 months initially. However we hope that we can negotiate some flexibility in how and when these hours are used. Depending on how work develops, we may be able to extend these hours, if mutually agreeable.
Reporting to: HAFSON Secretary
This post is for a self-employed person working principally from their own home. You must have internet access to fulfil the post.
Application deadline: Friday 12th March, 2021
Interviews to be held, via Zoom, on either Monday 22nd or Tuesday 23rd March, 2021
We will contact shortlisted candidates on 18th March, 2021 (we regret that we are unable to contact non-shortlisted candidates)
We hope the successful candidate will be able to take up the post shortly after appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Our application process is quite straightforward. Just write to us with your reasons for applying, ensuring you address the job description and person specification and include your CV. Send you application with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
If you have any questions about the role please email as above with your queries.
You can view our website at https://hafson.org/
Duties & Responsibilities
The most important elements of the work are:
- The designing and transmitting of our, approximately, monthly mailchimp newsletter on the basis of copy provided by HAFSON officers.
- The management of mailing lists of supporters. This will include updating, maintaining lists, ensuring GDPR compliance and support with weekly gmail as well as the monthly mailchimp e-newsletters.
- Sharing in the administration of the website – to include editing non-policy content and general maintenance. The website is a WordPress site.
- Developing and facilitating the use of Zoom as a means of communication for the campaign.
- Helping in the administration of meetings including the AGM.
- Attendance, where possible, at HAFSON meetings (monthly).
- The appointee will work in close collaboration with the Secretary as line manager.
- Other tasks required for the efficient organisation of HAFSON and as appropriate to the skills and knowledge of the person appointed.
You will ideally have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively by email, on the phone and in person.
We are looking for a dedicated, friendly and helpful person who copes with some stress particularly when the officers are themselves volunteers and may not always be immediately available.
You may sometimes be asked to work against tight deadlines and must be able to be responsive and flexible. You will be able to work autonomously.
You may not have prior knowledge of NHS campaigning or of the previous Save Our Hospitals: Hammersmith and Charing Cross campaign, but you must be sympathetic and supportive to the aims and objectives of HAFSON.
You will live in the local area – Hammersmith and Fulham or one of the neighbouring boroughs.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong IT skills, notably Microsoft Office, sound knowledge of Mailchimp and Gmail email systems, of WordPress and of Zoom.
- You must have good keyboard and internet/social media skills
- Effective prioritising of tasks and effective communication skills
- An understanding of the importance of Data protection and GDPR requirements
- A strong commitment to principles of Equalities & Diversity
- Some prior experience of working in the voluntary sector or campaign organisation
Hammersmith & Fulham Save Our NHS
H&FSON is a campaigning organisation set up by residents of the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. It was initially set up in 2012 as Save Our Hospitals: Hammersmith and Charing Cross in order to: campaign against the closure and downgrading of hospital services in west London, and in particular to oppose the closure of the Accident and Emergency Departments at Hammersmith and Charing Cross Hospitals and the closure or dispersal of all specialist and in-patient services at Charing Cross, and to protect local community and primary health services.
In April 2019 plans to downgrade Charing Cross Hospital were withdrawn together with the Shaping a Healthier Future Programme.
Full name of organisation: Hammersmith and Fulham Save Our NHS
Aims and objectives: To campaign against cuts and privatisation in local community, primary and secondary NHS services and to work with other campaign groups in NW London and nationally to protect the NHS as a publicly funded and publicly provided health service free at the point of delivery.
How these aims will be achieved: We will raise public awareness and support by petitioning, street stalls, public meetings, marches and rallies, websites and e-newsletters, direct mail and other methods. We will lobby and meet decision makers at local and central government level, including ministers, department of health and NHS officials. We will commission and enlist professional support and advice. We will work with other organisations working to save NHS services.
Membership of Hammersmith and Fulham Save Our NHS is open to anyone who supports the aims of the organisation.